Friday, April 27, 2007
Belvidere Goes Nuts for MC Nuts.....
(MC Nuts is coming to Belvidere!)
Now you know that I normally don't care for foreigners, and people around Belvidere don't tend to take to kindly to people not from around Belvidere. But I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for the jolly folks from England who are practically Americans. There are many famous men and women from England that I'd be proud to call friend, and who will always have a place around the Jenkins' dinner table and a room at the Rose Farm Bed and Breakfast ready for them should they decide to come and visit for a spell. Here are just a few:
1. Charles Bronte- Star of the 1974 classic film Death Wish and author of Wuthering Heights, the book which the film was based on. It tells the tragic story of a Mr. Heathcliff who takes a violent revenge on those that thwarted his attempts at wooing his beloved Catherine.
2. Oliver "James" Cromwell- Lord Protector of England and nominated for an Academy Award as the farmer in Babe: Pig in the City.
3. Captain James Crunch- A famous explorer and cereal magnate, Captain Crunch established the first European colony in Australia and was the first European to visit Hawaii, the mysterious island and native habitat of crunchberries.
4. Stephen Hawking- World renowned horror novelist and theoretical physicist. He is probably most famous for his work on black holes and the revelation that they are the birthplace of blood thirsty demons hellbent on the destruction of humanity.
5. MC Nuts- Though now known to actually be Sir Ian McKellen in a squirrel costume, this rapping rodent has been busy bringing the beauty of the Cumbria Lake District to the people with a reworking of Wordsworth's Daffodils poem.
And now for the exciting announcement. MC Nuts himself will be making a visit to Belvidere next month! That's right, MC Nuts! A letter writing campaign organized by Scruff Pearsall, Belvidere resident and MC Nuts Fan Club president, was succesful. He will be performing some of his raps and speaking on the topic of global warming. Bring the whole family!